Name : Dr. Ina M. Patel.
Address : Swasthya
Opp. Jaymangal BRTS Bus Stop,
132 ft. ring road,
Age : 54 years (Birth Date: 21st December, 1961).
Qualification : M.B.B.S.(1986), M.D. (Pathology & Microbiology) (1990).
- Chief Pathologist – Swasthya- Yash Diabetes Specialities Centre.
- Pathologist – Dr. Abhay Vasavada’s Raghudeep Eye Clinic, Iladevi Cataract & IOL Research Center, Ahmedabad (Since 1999).
- Project in Charge – Diabetes Prevention Program in the state of Gujarat.
- Visiting Pathologist – Gujarat Cancer & Research Institute, M.P. Shah Cancer Institute, Ahmedabad (1996).
- Assistant Professor of Pathology at Gujarat Cancer & Research Institute, M.P. Shah Cancer Hospital, Ahmedabad (1992 – 95).
- Full time Pathologist at Gujarat Cancer & Research Institute, M.P. Shah Cancer Hospital, Ahmedabad (1990 – 92).
- Managing Director- Swasthya- Yash Diabetes Specialities Centre.
- Vice Chairman – All India institute of Diabetes & Research (Approved by Gujarat University, Approved by U.S. Department of Health and Human Services).
- Project in-charge – Diabetes Prevention Program in the state of Gujarat.
- Finalist : BMJ award for “Diabetes Team of the Year” for 2015 in 8 South Asia countries (2015).
- Faculty –Advance Certificate Course for Partnering in Diabetes Care (ACCPDC), 2011.
- Organizing committee member: National Conference of Research Society for the Study of Diabetes in India (RSSDI) (2009).
- Faculty – Fellowship in Diabetology.
- Faculty – Certificate course in Diabetology.
- Faculty – International Symposium on Current Issues in Diabetes 2006.
- Organizer – A giant yoga camp was organized in the cricket stadium at Ahmedabad. 6000 people attended the camp (probably largest gathering in the world on world diabetes day!) November 2003.
- Organizing committee member: Annual Conference of Research Society for the Study of Diabetes in India (RSSDI) (1998).
- Secretary – Indian Association of Pathologist & Microbiologist(IAPM) – Gujarat Chapter (1998 – 99).
- Organising Committee Member – Conferences of IAPM – Gujarat Chapter.
- Faculty – Postgraduate course in clinical Diabetology held at Ahmedabad along with the Research Society for the study of Diabetes in India (1996).
- Actively organised and participated many National Conferences and Seminars.
- Faculty – Yoga Teachers training programs.
- Actively organised and participated many Residential Camps, Yoga Camps Type–1 Diabetes Meet, Diet Exhibitions & Health Education Programs.
- Fellowship Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden, June 1999.
- Fellowship Steno Diabetes Centre, Copenhagen, Denmark, May 1999.
- Fellowship Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland USA, May 1997.
- Fellowship University of Texas, Houston, USA, June 1997.
- Profile of the subjects with Diabetes: A hospital based observational study from Ahmedabad, western India ACCEPTED by Electronic Physician Journal (Index Journal) Patel M, Patel IM, Patel YM, Shah PJ, Rathi SK.
- A Hospital based observational study of Type 2 Diabetic subjects from Western India ACCEPTED by Journal of Population, Health and Nutrition (Index Journal) Patel M, Patel IM, Patel YM, Rathi SK.
- Brush Cytopathology Of G.I.T & Respiratory Tract. Gujarat Medical Journal1995.213 Vol.50 No.4.
- The Clinical Importance of Continuous Glucose Monitoring. Gujarat Medical Journal 2002 .29-37 Vol. 59 No. 3.
Paper and Poster Presentation
- To evaluate the correlations among Doppler sonographic findings and laboratory findings representing renal functional status in type 2 diabetics. Awarded 1st Prize in RSSDI conference 2012, Chennai.
- Correlation of abdominal obesity and microalbuminuria among type 2 diabetes patients.
- Dietary pattern of diabetic patients in the state of Gujarat at 37th annual conference of Research society for study of diabetes in India (2009).
- Prevalence and risk factors of diabetic nephropathy in type 2 diabetic western Indian population at 37th annual conference of Research society for study of diabetes in India (2009).
- Prevalence of retinopathy in recently diagnosed type 2 diabetic western Indian population at 37th annual conference of Research society for study of diabetes in India (2009).
- Prevalence and risk factors of diabetic retinopathy in type 2 diabetic western Indian population at 37th annual conference of Research society for study of diabetes in India (2009).
Studies Conducted (as a co-Investigator):
- The Durability of Twice Daily Insulin Lispro Low Mixture Compared to Once-Daily Insulin Glargine in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes and Inadequate Glycemic Control (Durability trial-2006-2009).
- An eight week, double-blind, randomized, multicenter, parallel group, active-controlled study comparing the safety and efficacy of Human renin inhibitor 300 mg, 150 mg and 75 mg to ramipril 5 mg in patients with essential hypertension(2008).
- Multicenter, Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo and Active Comparator Controlled Dose-Range Finding Study of Glucagon Inhibitor in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes(2008).
- A multicenter, double-blind, randomized, active controlled study to compare the effect of 52 weeks treatment with DPP 4 inhibitor 50 mg bid to gliclazide up to 320 mg daily as add-on therapy in patients with type 2 diabetes inadequately controlled with metformin Monotherapy(2008).
- Evaluation of safety and Efficacy of wosulin-30/70 (human Insulin Biphasic, Regular/NPH, 30:70) (rDNA origin) for control of hyperglycemia in subject with Type 2 diabetes mellitus (Phase IV Trial) (2004).
- A 20-week, Multi-centre, Open-labelled, Non-comparative evaluation of the Safety and Efficacy of Insulin Detemir in Combination with OAD in Subjects with Type 2 Diabetes Inadequately Controlled on Current Therapy Phase 3 B-Clinical Trial, Trial ID: NN304-1569 (one of the five centres in the world).
- Evaluation of efficiency and safety of a fixed dose combination of MetforminXL+ Glipizide XL Vs a fixed dose combination of Metformin+ Glipizide for control of Hyperglycemia in patients with Type2 Diabetes Mellitus.(2003).
- Efficacy and safety of Glipizide extended release Vs Glimipride in terms of Tolerability and Glycaemic control. (2003).
Dr. Ina Patel
M.B.B.S., M.D. (Pathology & Microbiology)
1st January 2016