MD, PhD, MNAMS, FIAMSChairman & Chief Diabetologist
- Dr. Mayur Patel is the Chairman and Chief Diabetologist, Swasthya- Yash Diabetes Specialty Centre. He has been practicing as a Diabetologist for last 26 years. He has been given Ph.D which is the highest awarded degree by the University in field of education on his subject of diabetes.
- He is also holding an important position at various other institutions, such as chairman of All India Institute of Diabetes & Research (Approved by Gujarat University and U.S. Department of Health and Human Services), President of Research Society for the Study of Diabetes in India – Gujarat Chapter, Project Chairman of Stop Diabetes Program (Diabetes Prevention Program in state of Gujarat), Project chairman of Conquer Diabetes Project (Improving access to diabetes care for the poor through innovative Public Private Partnership in Gujarat) , etc.
- Gujarat University, Maharastra University and Rajasthan University has recognized him as a PhD Guide and Honorary Professor. Only 3 people in entire India have such recognition.
- He is also a member of European Association for the Study of Diabetes, International Diabetes Federation, Task Force for the management of Diabetes in India, etc.
- He has actively organized and participated in many National & International Conferences and Seminars, many Residential Camps, Yoga Camps & Health Education Program.
- He has authored and co-authored several papers and many publications to his credit. He has written four books (Diabetes & Easy Life, Diabetes & Swasthya, Understand & Prevent Diabetes) in regional language to increase awareness about Diabetes & Handbook on Diabetes Mellitus for medical & Paramedical persons. He has also contributed in the book Yoga & Arogya.
- He has various prestigious awards to his credit such as, Oration award by The Association of Phycians of India – Sanofi Aventis Lectureship in Diabetes – 2013, Oration award by Research Society for the Study of Diabetes in India – Prof. Sam G P Moses Oration – 2012, Oration award by Association of Physicians of Gujarat – 2011 and several others.
- Even powerful media like TV, radio, leading newspapers and magazines are taking his valuable opinion. Many medical associations and hospitals invite him for guidance and lectures.