Name : Dr. Mayur R. Patel
Address : Swasthya
Opp. Jaymangal BRTS Bus Stop,
132 ft. ring road,
Age : 57 years
Qualification : MBBS, MD, PhD, FIAMS, MNAMS
Experience : Practicing as a Diabetologist for last 30 years
- Actively involved in academic activities related to diabetes.
- Chairman – Swasthya- Yash Diabetes Specialities Centre.
- Chairman – All India Institute of Diabetes & Research (Approved by Gujarat University, Approved by U.S. Department of Health and Human Services).
- President – Research Society for the Study of Diabetes in India Since 2007 – Gujarat Chapter.
- PhD guide and honorary professor -Recognized by Gujarat University, Maharashtra University and Rajasthan University. Only 3 people in entire India have such recognition.
- Project Chairman – Stop Diabetes Program (Diabetes Prevention Program in the state of Gujarat).
- Project Chairman – Conquer Diabetes Project (Improving access to diabetes care for the poor through innovative Public Private Partnership in Gujarat).
- Project Chairman – Make My Life (An Innovative project for type 1 diabetes children).
- Project Chairman – Project Shravan- save a leg.
- Community Director – Diabetes India (http://diabetesindia.healthunlocked.com).
- Finalist : BMJ award for “Diabetes Team of the Year” for 2015 in 8 South Asia countries.
- Faculty – National Update on Clinical Diabetes (NUCD) – 2015.
- Faculty – Research Society for Study of Diabetes in India (RSSDI) – Gujarat and Rajsthan Chapter 2015.
- Faculty – 10th National conference on Diabetes in Pregnancy study group India 2015.
- Faculty -National Conference of Research Society for the Study of Diabetes in India (RSSDI) (2013).
- Faculty–Diabetes Mealtime Summit. Shanghai (2013).
- Scientific Chairman – 8th National conference on Diabetes in Pregnancy study group India 2013.
- Faculty– Scientific meeting, International Association of Diabetes & pregnancy study group (IADPSG, 2012).
- Faculty: National Conference of Research Society for the Study of Diabetes in India (RSSDI) (2011).
- Faculty: 11thannual conference of Diabetic Foot Society of India (2011).
- Course Director –Advance Certificate Course for Partnering in Diabetes Care (ACCPDC), 2011.
- Regional Faculty– Public Health Foundation Of India for Certificate Course in Evidence Based Diabetes Management (2010-2011).
- Organizing Chairman & Faculty: National Conference of Research Society for the Study of Diabetes in India (RSSDI) (2009).
- Faculty – ACE program Mauritius.
- Rapporteurs& Faculty– 4thNational Conference of Diabetes & pregnancy study group India(DIPSI).
- Core member- Diabetes & pregnancy study group India(DIPSI), since 2004.
- Member – NationalAcademy of Medical Science.
- Faculty – American Diabetes Association Post Graduate Course 2006.
- Faculty – First National conference on Diabetes in Pregnancy study group India 2006.
- Faculty – 5th International Symposium on Diabetes 2006.
- Course Director – Fellowship in diabetology.
- Course Director – Certificate course in diabetology.
- Organising Chairman – International Symposium on Current Issues in Diabetes 2006.
- Faculty – International Congress on Diabetes 2005.
- Faculty – 80th National Conference of Indian Medical Association 2005.
- Faculty – American Diabetes Association Post Graduate Course 2004.
- Faculty – International conference on Diabetes in Pregnancy 2004.
- Faculty – First International Diabetes Camp at Russia 2002.
- Member of Task Force for the management of Diabetes in India.
- Member of American Diabetes Association.
- Member of International Diabetes Federation.
- Organiser – A giant yoga camp was organized in the cricket stadium at Ahmedabad. 6000 people attended the camp (probably largest gathering in the world on world diabetes day!!!!!) November 2003.
- Faculty – Research Society for the Study of Diabetes in India -2002.
- Faculty – Diabetes in Asia in 2001.
- Faculty – Research Society for the Study of Diabetes in India -2000.
- Member of Extended working group for evolving an Indian Consensus for the Management of Diabetes in India.
- Permanent Trustee – Life Style Disease (LSD) Society.
- Advisory Committee Member Diabetes Self-care foundation, Gujarat State.
- Organizing Committee Member 5th International Congress of Immunology of Diabetic Society 2001.
- Joint Secretary: Association of Physicians of Gujarat (2000 – 2001).
- President – Association of physicians of Ahmedabad. (1998-99).
- Organizing secretary & Faculty: Annual Conference of Research Society for the Study of Diabetes in India (RSSDI) (1998).
- Invited and Delivered lectures at Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, USA (1997).
- Course Co-ordinator– Postgraduate course in clinical diabetology held at Ahmedabad along with the Research Society for the study of Diabetes in India (1996).
- Convener – Indian Academy of Medical specialty, Gujarat State Branch (1995-96).
- Regularly taking lectures on Diabetes in medical colleges as well as medical association of various cities of India.
- Actively organised and participated many National Conferences and Seminars.
- Faculty – Yoga Teachers training programs.
- Actively organised and participated many Residential Camps, Yoga Camps Type–1 Diabetes Meet, Diet Exhibitions & Health Education Programs.
- Indian Academy of medical specialty has awarded a Prestigious Fellowship for academic activities.
- Fellowship Lake Hospital, Cleveland, USA , May 2003.
- Fellowship University Medical Centre, Ljubljana, Slovenia, September 2002.
- Fellowship Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden, June 1999.
- Fellowship Steno Diabetes Centre, Copenhagen, Denmark, May 1999.
- Fellowship University of Texas, Houston, U.S.A., June 1997.
- Fellowship Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland U.S.A., 1997.
- Oration award by The Association of Physicians of India– Sanofi Aventis Lectureship in Diabetes- 2013.
- Oration Award by Research Society for the Study of Diabetes in India (2012)- Prof. Sam G P Moses Oration.
- Oration award by Association of Physicians of Gujarat (2011)- Dr. Nathubhai Patel and Dr. Rasiklal Shah Sarvajanik Hospital, Modasa oration award.
- Presidential Oration award by Research Society for the Study of Diabetes in India – Gujarat Chapter.
- Rotary club of Ahmedabad Majesty has awarded Rotary Vocational Excellence Award for the year 2005-06.
- Ahmedabad Medical Association has awarded Dr. P. B. Haribhakti Trophy for Best Clinic for the year 2004 – 2005.
- Ahmedabad Medical Association has awarded Outstanding achievements in Medical Field for the year 2000 – 2001.
- Ahmedabad Medical Association has awarded the merit certificate for the outstanding performance in Medico-social Field for the year 1995-96.
- 1st All Gujarat State Level Juvenile Diabetics Meet awarded Dr. V. Srinivasan Memorial Oration Lecture (1999).
- Association of Physicians of Gujarat has awarded ShrimadSadguruJesingbapa Rotating lectureship for the year 1997.
- Pharma Sector Growth Inter Linkages – Vision 2025. Pharmaceutical Industry – Vision 2025: Comprehensive Forecast on Pharmaceutical Industry. Ahmedabad 2014.
- Factors associated with consumption of diabetic diet among Type 2 Diabetic Subjects from Ahmedabad, Western India. Journal of Population, Health and Nutrition (Index Journal) Patel M, Patel IM, Patel YM, Rathi SK.
- A Hospital based observational study of Type 2 diabetic subjects from Gujarat, IndiaJournal of Population, Health and Nutrition (Index Journal) Patel M, Patel IM, Patel YM, Rathi SK.J HEALTH POPUL NUTR 2011 jun:29(3):265-272.
- Pattern and causes of amputation in diabetic patients – A multicentric study from India JAPI_MARCH 2011_VOL.59 (Participating investigator).
- Profile of the subjects with Diabetes: A hospital based observational study from Ahmedabad, western India Electronic Physician Journal 2011(Index Journal)Feb20:378-384 Patel M, Patel IM, Patel YM, Shah PJ, Rathi SK.
- A Hospital based observational study of Type 2 Diabetic subjects from Western IndiaThe durability of basal versus Lispro mix 75/25 insulin efficacy (DURABLE) trial, Diabetes Care, Vol 34, February 2011 (Participating investigator).
- Health Evaluation of Diabetes Mellitus and its burden on society in present Indian scenario (PhD thesis).
- Written three books (Diabetes & Easy life, Diabetes & Swasthya, Understand & Prevent Diabetes) in regional language, to increase awareness about diabetes.
- Co-Editor, A Hand Book on Diabetes Mellitus written by Dr. V. Seshiah.
- Columnist-Health Bulletin, Times of India.
- Contributed in a book – Yoga &Aarogya.
- Monotherapy of type 2 Diabetes with once-daily Gliclazide modified release in primary care. Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice 62(2003) 63-64.
- The Clinical Importance of Continuous Glucose Monitoring. Gujarat Medical Journal 2002. 29-37 Vol. 59 No.3.
- Manual of V postgraduate course in clinical diabetology 1996.
- Contributed in a handbook for the Management of Non-Insulin Dependent Diabetes Mellitus(NIDDM).
- Manual of Annual Conference Research Society for the Study of Diabetes in India(RSSDI).
Paper and Poster Presentation
- Family History and Type 2 Diabetes: Current Scenario from Western Part of India. Poster presentation in RSSDI 2014, Bangaluru.
- Patient experience in the Asian treat to target Lantus study (ATLAS): A prospective, randomized multinational, open label, tow-arm, parallel-group, 24-week, phase IV study results from India. Poster presentation in RSSDI 2013, New Delhi.
- Knowledge of Gestational Diabetes Mellitus among Interns of MGM Medical College, New Mumbai. 8th National Conference of Diabetes in Pregnancy Study Group India (DIPSI) 2013.
- To evaluate the correlations among Doppler sonographic findings and laboratory findings representing renal functional status in type 2 diabetics. Awarded 1st Prize in RSSDI conference 2012, Chennai.
- Correlation of abdominal obesity and microalbuminuria among type 2 diabetes patients.
- Impact of education programme regarding various aspects of diabetes on the knowledge status of paramedical NCD workers.
- Prevalence and correlates of depression in type 2 diabetes mellitus attending Outpatient Department in tertiary care hospital, Ahmedabad.
- Prevalence of retinopathy and nephropathy in first time diagnosed peripheral neuropathy in 100 T2 DM patients at 11thannual conference of Diabetic Foot Society of India (2011) (First prize).
- Dietary pattern of diabetic patients in the state of Gujaratat 37th annual conference of Research society for study of diabetes in India (2009).
- Prevalence and risk factors of diabetic nephropathy in type 2 diabetic western Indian populationat 37th annual conference of Research society for study of diabetes in India (2009).
- Prevalence of retinopathy in recently diagnosed type 2 diabetic western Indian populationat 37th annual conference of Research society for study of diabetes in India (2009).
- Prevalence and risk factors of diabetic retinopathy in type 2 diabetic western Indian populationat 37th annual conference of Research society for study of diabetes in India (2009).
- Improved Efficacy when Insulin Detemir is added to OADs in Indian Subjects with Type 2 Diabetes. Ambady Ramachandran, Kumar Harish, AnnamalaiSundaram, Patel Mayur, Gupta S. Sunil and Melkote V. Srishyla.
- CINDI: Complications in newly diagnosed diabetes in India Data presented at 1st international. conference, Diabetes India, Mumbai, Nov. 2002 Dr.S R Aravind, Dr. Sarita Bajaj, Dr. Prasanna Kumar, Dr. Mayur Patel, Dr. Kabir, Dr. Sharad Pendsey, Dr. Anant Nigam, Dr. S. M. Sadikot.
- Dietary patterns and diabetes mellitus in Gujarat state at 24th annual conference of Research society for study of diabetes in India (1996).
- Incidence of Somogyi phenomenon in diabetics having fasting hyperglycemia. At 24th annual conference of Research society for the study of diabetes in India(1996).
- Asian Treat to Target Lantus Study: Phase IV study evaluating the effectiveness and safety of physician vs patient led titration of insulin Glargine in type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- The Durability of Twice Daily Insulin Lispro Low Mixture Compared to Once-Daily Insulin Glargine in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes and Inadequate Glycemic Control (Durability trial-2006-2009).
- An eight week, double-blind, randomized, multicenter, parallel group, active-controlled study comparing the safety and efficacy of Human renin inhibitor 300 mg, 150mg, and 75 mg to ramipril 5 mg in patients with essential hypertension(2008).
- Multicenter, Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo and Active Comparator Controlled Dose-Range Finding Study of Glucagon Inhibitor in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes(2008).
- A multicenter, double-blind, randomized, active controlled study to compare the effect of 52 weeks treatment with DPP 4 inhibitor 50 mg bid to gliclazide up to 320 mg daily as add-on therapy in patients with type 2 diabetes inadequately controlled with metformin Monotherapy(2008).
- Evaluation of safety and Efficacy of wosulin-30/70 (human Insulin Biphasic, Regular/NPH, 30:70) (rDNA origin) for control of hyperglycemia in subject with Type 2 diabetes mellitus (Phase IV Trial) (2004).
- A 20-week, Multi-centre, Open-labelled, Non-comparative evaluation of the Safety and Efficacy of Insulin Detemir in Combination with OAD in Subjects with Type 2 Diabetes Inadequately Controlled on Current Therapy Phase 3 B-Clinical Trial, Trial ID: NN304-1569 (one of the five centres in the world).
- Evaluation of efficiency and safety of a fixed dose combination of MetforminXL+ Glipizide XL Vs a fixed dose combination of Metformin+ Glipizide for control of Hyperglycemia in patients with Type2 Diabetes Mellitus.(2003).
- Efficacy and safety of Glipizide extended release Vs Glimepiride in terms of Tolerability and Glycaemic control. (2003).
- Complications in newly diagnosed diabetes in India (CINDI) (2002).
- Evaluation of efficiency and safety of Gliclazide MR in people with Type 2 Diabetes Melliuts (Easy Study) (2001).
- Evaluation of efficiency and safety of Dexfenfluramine on obesity Phase IV trial (1995).
Dr Mayur Patel
MBBS, MD, PhD, FIAMS, MNAMS
Chief Consultant Diabetologist
1st January 2016