STOP DIABETES-A MOVEMENT FOR DIABETES FREE INDIA:
The project aims to implement a diabetes prevention program targeting the population of Gujarat.
- To create awareness about diabetes and its consequences among the various stakeholders and to sensitize them to take appropriate action for the care and prevention of Diabetes. (Among the general public, school going children, health care professionals and health workers).
- Early detection of diabetes by screening people at high risk for diabetes
- Early detection of diabetic complications by screening people with diabetes.
- To train Community doctors/Nurses/other Paramedical Staff/Interns in screening high risk individuals, carrying out blood tests to diagnose diabetes, IFG and IGT, provide education and counseling on reducing risk factors and changing life styles.
Awareness campaign will reach > 20 million people.
- 2,00,000 people will be educated.
- Around 2,00,000 pamphlets will be distributed.
- 1200 doctors will be trained.
- Over 10,000 booklets will be distributed.
- 30,000 will be tested for diabetes in camps and counselled for LSM.
- 6000 diabetics will be screened for complications.
- 2000 health workers will be trained.
- More than 50 million people will reach.
FLOW OF DIABETES PREVENTION PROGRAM
AWARENESS EDUCATION AND DETECTION CAMPS
Under stop diabetes movement, we organize diabetes screening camps in different districts in the state of Gujarat on regular basis. We identify high risk persons for developing diabetes and screen them for free. We also give them free counseling for life style modification. Persons detected to have diabetes, goes for screening for diabetes related complications at institute.
PUBLIC AWARENESS PROGRAMS
LIFE STYLE MODIFICATION CAMPS